The birds return now
Filling the silence of winter
With songs so joyful
They
Intent on their nesting
New life into being
The sounds reaching our ears
With springtime unfolding.
I think of the prayer
That has begun the
Greatest Sacrifice repeating
The words that set the tone
Upon a busy week
World events and personal
Losses and gains
Within this life of earthly
Journeys and vanities.
I confess
I am a sinner in
Many ways
Through my choice or neglect
And I humbly ask you
My brethren
To pray for me
In the presence of the saints
That I may one day
Take my place among them.
Alas, there has been another robbery
The hooligan attack on liturgy
Continues
Impoverishing year after year
The Confiteor replaced by other options
Valid it is true as
Options being made to have
A change of pace
But this constant diet of options
Is unwelcome to this soul
The Confiteor interferes with hearing
God's words says the thief
Removing the wax of
Weekly events
Stepping back from sinful ways
Does not apply.
You best be careful, I say in return
That you who chose this course
Will find salvation an option.
Please let my silent song
With the beautiful words whispered
Quietly in God's ear
Herald a spiritual spring
Released from so tight
An icy grasp
Though I still do fly away
Unto a nesting ground
So far above
In praise of words
Confiteor.
No comments:
Post a Comment