Here in the heart
The home of God's house
Lies in ruins,
A ghetto filled with
The filth of indifference,
God now forgotten
As man glorifies himself.
It is a fearsome place.
No longer the refuge found
When I was young,
And my rosary was a train
To wile the time that weighed
Heavy to a young child.
Peace was always to be found in
God given silence that spoke
To my little soul.
The music in this church
No longer whispers
Heavenly anticipation.
Hades shouts its melodies
To beat and harass us.
I would avoid this place of torment
Except that He is here.
I hang on in hope
That the clamoring world will be sent
Outside once more.
Here in this liturgical ghetto
There is a stench and darkness in the air
Loathsome creatures that scurry
The rats are in charge of the ship,
Who like jailers
Would beat us without mercy
With their egos and vile interpretations.
I pray for hope,
That this sad time will
Pass before I do.
It will..... in 2012!
ReplyDeleteI hope so, too.
ReplyDelete