Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sam Jimmy

I still mourn your death
Sam Jimmy
Sent to a watery grave
Of despair by a man
Who should have
Served your soul
But used his office to
Indulge
The evil in his heart.

Just seventeen we were
I the one with wings
While you stumbled and searched
For a life anew
A better start
A chance for hope.
 Instead  -a reed bruised
Found floating face down
In the river's arms.

Behind the innocence of
The young
Not yet versed in
Evil's mystery,
Your abuser
Hid, masking concern
Hiding his role
Using my happiness to cover
His heavy stone of sin.

I  am the ghost
In the courtroom,
Years later when he
Was run to ground before
The judge, no longer
A mask of a man
A dealer of death.

Perhaps the poem
I once wrote, the facts
Unknown, the visions real
Will be your voice
A haunting song
Down through the
Mists of time.

1 comment: