Do you remember
The months we shared a home,
Just nineteen and twenty-one,
A time together,
Before our vocations
Took separate paths
To different roles of motherhood.?
How we lived
In a house full of kids,
Laughter and music,
And St. Thomas in the mornings.
Together we explored the night life,
Dancing in the bars,
Slipping away from greasy men,
You taught me how to dance
By myself,
Energy bound you were.
Do you remember
The great mouse hunt
In the pantry past midnight,
The mice died of fright
As we chased and caught
Them
Or were you cheering as I
Pounced with all of my
Farm girl roots.
Do you remember
Your poetry and drawing,
Listening to Dylan sing
Pat Garrett on the stereo,
All the poets and musicians
That swirled through our lives?
Then one day you were
Gone, stepped into your
Life that took you away,
And I stayed
To remember.
nice. I'm wondering who that was...
ReplyDelete